13 February 2010
Very good effort keep it up
13 February 2010
Thanks Rohit....& Keep visiting.......Cheers!
13 December 2010
Bobby, thanks! For saving me countless hours of bad movies before watching the really worthwhile ones. Your ratings rock!! Keep up the quality of your orginal reviews and I will keep returning back for more savings!
13 December 2010
Your reviews are great. The information will be so much more usable if only I could filter out movies that you've ranked 3 or above in 2010 or 2009. Keep up the good work my man.
15 December 2010
Thanks Ribhu for your spirited words. Sure I will try best to keep it going.
Regarding sorting out the movies with 3 or more than 3 ratings, you certainly gave me an idea about posting a separate post on this topic at the end of every year.
Hence Thanks for sharing your thought and keep visiting!
30 January 2011
I just came across a nice post verdict on movie swadesh (thru site http://bollywoodboxofficeindia.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/) in all new manner.
Would like to share with u as i guess u will like it too.
Watched "Swades"once again. The movie released in 2004 but its magic is intact and will be in near future. Directed by Ashutosh Gowarikar, Swades has Shah Rukh Khan as leading actor in the character of Mohan Bhargava. Movie is about an NRI who works in US and comes to India to take her mother-like Kaveri AmmaaŁ.
I guess since many of us who are following Bollywood more passionately than average movie going audience, I suppose most of us have watched the movie. Hence, I will not go into the story of the movie, rather I will share some thoughts or you can term qualities of the movie.
Swades comes across as a honest movie and as honest attempt from the team. Its not just a movie, which is made for 3 hours of entertainment or a reason to pass time. Its a phenomenon. It highlights the problem which a resident Indian and a non-resident Indian goes through, through the eyes of a non-resident. When one finishes watching the movie, there is a message and the message for all was loud and clear. Before discussing about what one takes with him/her after the movie, I would like to share some thoughts which I observed about the impeccable direction. The following are some finer points, which many of the makers would have over-looked or erred or ignored but not Ashutosh Gowarikar.
1. SRK travelling to New Delhi at the start shows him travelling in an Air India Aircraft. The seat belonged to Business Class and it is exactly same as Air India, Business Class actual seat in its aircraft. Reason I have travelled in an AI, Business Class.
2. SRK using an old and rusty calculator at his friend Rahul store. Any director would have used a new calculator which costs 450 Rs. But natural, as the director wanted and he gave natural look to all.
3. The movie is shot at a remote village near Mahabaleshwar area of Maharashtra state. People shown in the movie are actually the residents of the village. They were converted into virtual actors for the movie. The locations, houses, huts and surroundings are actual and realŁ and its not a setŁ.
4. Considering the movie was shot in Maharashtra, the vehicle (Caravan) which SRK uses has Delhis name plate, because the movie has Charanpur in Uttar Pradesh and SRK starts his journey from Delhi.
5. SRK is using his 4 shirts and 4 pants in all of the scenes shot in India. He uses his 4 pair of dresses repeatedly in the movie. How easy it is for an actor to order a new pair of dress? Instead, the makers sticked to the concept of perfection, as an NRI Mohan was not carrying much of dresses with him when he goes to Charanpur.
6. Kaveri Amma is shown as giving bath to a newly born baby. For all, who have not watched how a baby is given bath in rural areas, just watch that act of Kaveri Amma. I know it because my childhood was spent in almost as same as village as Charanpur.
7. The books which Gita (Gayatri Joshi) purchased in a store, are actually subjects of any Primary School in Maharashtra.
8. And now the most important part. Any director would have chosen any concept about Mohan Bhargavas (SRK) professional life. But here the director chose Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) Project under NASA in USA. Just for the record, NASA would be actually launching the GPM Project in 2014 and it has exactly the same objectives as shown in the movie. For that purpose, NASA actually provided the makers with this information and they were allowed to shoot in the NASA headquarters.
Those were some finer points about the movie. The above goes to show the minuteness with which the makers have given due consideration to every concept and scene.
Now I would to share some important message which the movie tries to give or highlights some of the problems which the country is facing. Following are some of such issues which movie touches
1. Children leaving their parents or grandparents on chance and they have to take shelter of old age home.
2. Women not being considered as able as men.
3. Girls are do have as much privileges with respect to education, compared to boys.
4. Child marriage is still a practice in many villages of India.
5. Castism is solidly intact. In fact it had never been considered as problem. Peoples rights depend on where you are born, rather than what you do.
6. Illiteracy is a stumbling block even in todays time. Though there have been many programs to improve educational system, it has been limited only to few places.
7. Farmers being exploited by landlords for violating the provisions of contract, which are never favorable to a farmer to start with.
8. Middle-men eating more than 60% of the money. Products which are grown/made/produced/manufactured in remote areas has always been prey of middle-men in India. The actual makers or service providers getting far less than their due.
9. Lack of basic infrastructure, electricity in particular in far places of India. In some parts of India, the load-shedding is such that people get electricity for as less as 6 hours!
10. Faulty Government machinery. Actual programs not benefiting common man. Any benefit or program starts from top and before it reaches bottom, it is absorbed in middle. In other words Corruption.
Those were some points or message I took out from this movie. The strongest message I have kept at last. ŁApni Chaukhat Ka Diya aur Giving Light To Neighbors HouseŁ.
When we always say that over 70% of Indian population lives in rural areas, this movie should actually win all kinds of accolades, awards and rewards. But its unfortunate that such an effort was never appreciated and was never given the popularity it deserved.
I had always maintained that Swades is not just a movie, its a phenomenon and hence is above ratings.
16 March 2011
i really like your reviews.
15 March 2011
Thanks Atul for your short and sweet comment.
Keep Visiting and writing in......Cheers!
05 November 2011
Tomorow we are going for the movie "Mile Na Mile Hum". please share reviews.
06 November 2011
Sure, But I may be a bit late the review though.
Still thanks for your kind request.
02 March 2012
Hope u r good...
Actually i always die for searching the orginal and watching them,,,
Now i have something, i might be wrong but at the first instance when i saw the trailer of "blood money" have u seen it yet ?
if no then check it.. The very moment it gave me a hint of the of the scene from the movie of Tom cruise's "the firm". do u remember.. john grisham's the firm.
I don't know, i might be wrong but i feel like mukesh and mahesh bhatt have lifted this time again.
what do u say?
At last ... i feel good reading ur review. good job..
18 March 2012
Hope u r good too and thanks for your kind words for my works here.
It really feels great to know that you too have great interest in this Cat-Mouse Game in Bollywood and thanks for sharing your inputs here at BTC.
Regarding "Blood Money" it does seem to be very close to "The Firm" but I also felt like seeing JANNAT trailer again with only the profession changing. Same love angle, big job, big house then girl being dis-satisfied, leaving the boy leading to a deadly end. Plus it also reminded me of another similar concept movie "The Devil's Advocate"
But Bhatts have most recently done it in MURDER 2 where they got inspiration even for the posters apart from the film.
And they repeated this just few days back which came in papers too that there upcoming film JANNAT 2 has an inspired poster from The MECHANIC and the film seems to be inspired from "LORD OF WAR". Chek out their trailers.
So they are indeed brave and daring enough to do so in todays small world instantly connected thru net.
Anyway Keep Writing and Be in touch always.
24 October 2012
I am waiting for your review of "Chakravyuh". I am a regular visitor at your site and I don't want to watch a movie without reading your critical review. It is a sheer waste of time to watch the mindless productions of Bollywood which neither amuse nor enlighten me.
You have a great insight to watch a movie critically, combined with an excellence of expression.
Thanks for all the good work you are doing in this area and my good wishes to you.
24 October 2012
The review of CHAKRAVYUH is now online and thanks a lot for being a regular reader of my reviews and appreciating their viewpoint.
Your words really give me the much needed stregnth to keep going with the same passion and thanks for it once again.
Keep Visiting and Writing in,
03 November 2012
Hello bobby sir,
I am new visitor at your site, i am very happy to find your website,
I never go to watch movies without reading the review from taran adarsh
and other critics. but now i decided that i dont watch any movie without reading your reviews about movie's story,performance ,acting,music etc.
I think you are born for critic, you always explain the movie in so simple way which we understand easily about films.
Other critic like anupma chopra written only for money which they got from produ,direct, and actors for written review in his favor.
Keep going on sir, one day you got huge success in bolywood.
This is true not butering,
10 November 2012
A very warm welcome to you here at Bobby Talks Cinema and thanks a lot for your big words of appreciation too.
Movies, Music and Poetry have been my passion since childhood and that is the reason I feel like writing about them as my natural expression.
I am glad to know that you could relate to my honest reviews here and lets see what future has in store in the coming years.
You are also welcome to join me at FACEBOOK as I frequently keep posting there too.
With a Big thanks once again, Keep in touch!
19 July 2013
Did you remember, I've recommended you to watch " Graveyard of the fire flies" some time back and you have written the same lines that you are not watching animated movies..
Now, I'm seriously happy that you have finally reviewed it in your movie section.
It's is such a wonderful movie that one has to believe that animated movies can also make a big impact on our heart..
Thanks a lot once again.
23 July 2013
Thanks a lot for recommending the film long time back. Actually I had seen it a few months back but couldnt write about it at the site honestly.
Yes it is really a wonderful, emotional movie and that too as an animation film quite surprisingly.
So Keep Visiting and Writing in,
21 September 2013
Love your reviews .......waiting for your your take on Lunchbox. Please oblige
23 September 2013
Thanks a lot for your love shown for my reviews. And reading your comment, I would surely try to post the reviews at the earliest on Friday or latest by Satruday morning itself.
Keep Visiting and Writing in.
15 October 2013
I feel the marketing is also a drawback for the punjabi film which are going for a toss.
Some film are released in EGO of the producer. And the market get spoiled.
Things can be worked out if the producer work together and decide the release of their films. And keep the PUNJABI FILM INDUSTRY alive.
22 October 2013
I hope it all gets in shape and becomes better in the coming years Naveen.
Thanks for visiting and writing in.
E-mail (will not be published)
Enter Verification Code